Answering Legal’s Future Attorneys of America Scholarship is dedicated in choosing one law student, of academic excellence, every year and awarding them with the FAAS merit scholarship.
We consider it a great honor to be able to support law students who show ambition, perseverance, and of course, merit in their studies, in the legal community and in their lives.
Answering Legal’s Future Attorneys of America Scholarship of $5000 is open to dedicated law students who meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be currently enrolled at an accredited law school. This means you can be accepted to a law school as an incoming 1L. Alongside other documents, provide proof of matriculation.
- Applicants must have a minimum 3.5 GPA.
- Applicants must submit an unofficial copy of their transcript. If you are a rising 1L, please provide your undergraduate transcript.
Ready to apply?
In order to receive Answering Legal’s FAAS merit scholarship, students must meet the scholarship’s minimum criteria, and submit a completed application along with a 500-1000 essay.
Deadline for applications
November 5, 2020
Please choose one of the following questions provided for your essay. Essays must be between 500 and 1000 words.
- How have your personal life experiences affected your outlook on the United States legal system?
- What has inspired you to pursue a career in law?
- How do you see yourself impacting the legal community in the future?
We’re here to answer any question you have about this scholarship opportunity. Email us at [email protected]
Here are some of our past winners:
Irene Hong – University of Pennsylvania Law: Read the press release
Martin McSherry: University of Columbia Law: Read the press release