For episode 46 of the “Everything Except The Law” podcast, host Nick Werker welcomes Dena Lefkowitz, author of “Winning In Your Own Court: 10 Laws for a Successful Career without Burning Out or Selling Out”. This episode provides guidance on how to break the cycle of bad attorney habits and have a fulfilling career working in law.
In their conversation, Nick and Dena discuss:
- What motivated Dena to write “Winning In Your Own Court”.
- The workaholic nature of attorneys and changes that need to occur in the legal industry.
- Why past time investment shouldn’t stop lawyers from shifting their plans.
- The importance of attorneys being able to hone their soft skills.
- The need for lawyers to take back their well-being.