Our mission at Answering Legal is to provide every caller to your firm with a superior customer experience. The way we are able to accomplish this, is by only employing legal intake receptionists we know are capable of providing that high-quality experience.
What separates Answering Legal from other answering services? Well for starters, our company is built specifically to aid attorneys, offers advanced call handling methods, and provides pricing plans that fit firms of any size. But, perhaps the biggest thing that allows our business to stand above other competing answering services is our incredible legal intake receptionist team.
What makes our legal intake receptionist team so exceptional?:
- Our receptionists go through an extensive training process, before they are allowed to serve any of your clients. This ensures that only the most qualified workers are representing your business when you cannot get to the phone.
- While other answering service receptionists aren’t able to do much more beyond take a message, Answering Legal receptionists are trained to perform full legal intakes on all of your new customers.
- Our legal intake receptionists will always provide a warm and friendly voice, and be able to deliver the proper level of sensitivity for all legal situations.
- Our team has receptionists ready to field calls 24/7/365, meaning your customers will never be forced to wait to speak with a live voice.
We could go on all day telling you about how great our legal intake receptionist team is, but we think it may be more beneficial to show you.
How Will Your Calls Go?
Below are a few sample conversations of dialogues that might take place between one of our Answering Legal receptionists and your calling customers.
If you’re more of a visual learner, check out this short video to see how Answering Legal handles your calls, then skip ahead to the next section.
Urgent call from a new customer
For this first example, let’s assume Answering Legal is answering calls on behalf of a criminal defense attorney named Tom Lawyer, and a customer is calling his office after hours.
AL Receptionist: “Good evening, thank you for calling the Law Offices of Tom Lawyer. How may I help you?”
New Client: “Hello. I’m calling, because I’m in need of immediate legal help. My husband was arrested on drunk driving charges just a few hours ago, and we’re not quite sure what to do.”
AL Receptionist: “I understand, and would be happy to assist you. First, can I please get your name and phone number in case we get disconnected?”
New Client: “It’s Mary Smith, and my number is 555-555-5555.”
AL Receptionist: “Thank you Mrs. Smith. Mr. Lawyer is not in the office right now, but if you’ll please hold for a brief moment, I’ll try and see if I can reach him.”
At this point in the call, our Answering Legal receptionist will make the effort to reach Tom Lawyer on his cell phone, and ask if he wants to be patched in on the call. For this example, let’s assume he was unavailable.
AL Receptionist: “Thank you for waiting, Mrs. Smith. I’m afraid Mr. Lawyer is unavailable at the moment, but if it’s alright, I’d like to ask you a few quick questions regarding your case, so Mr. Lawyer can begin addressing the situation first thing tomorrow morning.”
Next, our receptionist will begin taking your caller through the legal intake process. This step will include gathering the important details of a customer’s case, a detailed message from the customer, and the customer’s best call back time. Once the call concludes, our legal intake receptionist will immediately send over all the information collected to Tom Lawyer via email and/or text message.
Call from an existing customer
Our receptionist service can also be highly useful when it comes to handling a firm’s current clients. Let’s take a look at an example of an existing customer calling into Tom Lawyer’s office
AL Receptionist: “Good afternoon, thank you for calling the Law Offices of Tom Lawyer, how may I help you?”
New Client: “Hi, this is Mary Smith. I have a question regarding my case, and would like to speak to Tom.”
AL Receptionist: “Hello Mrs. Smith. Please hold for just a moment, I’ll see if Mr. Lawyer is available.
At this point in the call, our Answering Legal receptionist will once again make the effort to reach Tom Lawyer on his phone, and ask if he wants to be patched in on the call. Let’s assume in this case, he is too busy to get on the phone.
AL Receptionist: “Hello Mrs. Smith. Thank you for waiting. I’m afraid Mr. Lawyer is unavailable at the moment. If you’d like I can take a message, and let Mr. Lawyer know that you are looking to speak with him.”
If the customer does decide to leave a message, our legal intake receptionist will once again send over the customer’s message to Tom Lawyer as soon as the call concludes, via email and/or text.
Why You Need Our Legal Intake Receptionists
- First impressions mean a lot: With so many law offices out there to choose from, today’s law client has the ability to be quite selective in hiring their lawyer, which is why attorneys need to make sure their firm comes off as impressive from the very first phone call. With our professional legal intake receptionists working your phone lines, you can always be sure that the initial impression you make on new customers is the best one possible.
- Experience matters: If a new caller hears that there is not an attorney immediately available to speak with, their first instinct may be to call another law office. But, once one of our experienced receptionists takes your customer through the full legal intake process, and begins collecting information about their case, they will likely begin feeling more confident about your services and become more willing to wait for your return call.
- Automated systems fail: According to Forbes Magazine, 80 percent of callers sent to voicemail do not leave messages, because they do not expect to ever be heard. So even if law offices are confident they can get to the majority of their calls during regular office hours, they still need to be concerned about who is answering their call at 9 p.m. and 2 a.m.. You simply never know when a significant client opportunity is going to come your firm’s way, and our team will keep you from missing out on it.
When your calls are being handled by an Answering Legal receptionist, we guarantee that your customers’ over-the-phone experience will always be as personal, efficient, and organized as possible. If you enjoyed this piece, be on the lookout for our next eBook release, which will dive further into the life and times of a legal intake receptionist.