You’ve undoubtedly heard a lot about how amazing our legal intake receptionists are, but maybe you’ve found yourself wondering what exactly makes them so great? Well buckle up, because you’re about to learn how a legal intake receptionist starts the journey from just a qualified candidate, to legal intake expert. This is the first post in a series where you will learn about the screening process, rigorous training methods, the duties and daily life, the art of legal intake, and the ongoing quality control that all of the legal intake receptionists go through. All of the training and quality control are the exact reasons that our legal intake receptionists are the absolute best choice for your law firm. Continue reading to learn about the legal intake receptionist training process or skip ahead in the series.
- Learn about the screening and training process
- Learn the responsibilities of our legal intake receptionists
- Learn how our legal intake receptionists handle your calls
- Learn how our legal intake receptionists keep up with your changes
Screening and Training Process
How we select our legal intake receptionists
Our team of dedicated recruiters meet with all applicants to make sure that they exude the qualities of professionalism and politeness alongside a diligent work ethic and a desire to provide superior experiences to callers. Once we have selected the best candidates, we begin the training process!
Beginning the Legal Intake Receptionist Training
Basic Phone Training
Our legal intake receptionist training is a 90 day training period wherein the future legal intake experts undergo a series of lessons, tutorials, and role-plays in order to practice and perfect their skills on the phone with your callers. Once the legal intake receptionists finish their preliminary training, they will have mastered the basic skills such as:
- Phone etiquette
- What to do for different call protocols
- How to perform a warm call transfer
- How to navigate a detailed account
- How to speak with an irate caller
- How to write professional and detailed messages
Legal Intake Training
Once the foundation has been laid and the legal intake receptionists have mastered their basic phone etiquette and skills, it is time to learn and memorize the important legal intake processes. There are several standard questions for each area of the law our customers practice, but of course these questions can be customized — we simply teach the standard questions and practice improvisation thereafter.
Here are some examples of the questions we teach our legal intake receptionists to ask:
Criminal Defense Law
- What are the charges?
- What was the date of the arrest?
- When is your next court date?
- Which county/municipality did this occur in?
If the call is regarding an OVI/DWI:
- Did you consent to a field sobriety test or breathalyzer?
- Are you currently employed?
- Have your wages been garnished or are they about to be garnished?
- What is the approximate amount of debt?
- Is your home in foreclosure?
If the call is regarding a divorce:
- Are there any children between you and your spouse?
- Do you and your spouse own a home together?
- Do you have a prenuptial agreement?
Personal Injury Law
- What type of accident has occurred?
- Were there any injuries sustained? If so, please list the injuries.
- What was the date of the accident?
- Are you missing work because of the accident?
These are just some of the main types of laws that we handle for our customers. We have countless legal intake scripts and even more customized scripts! You can always inquire about customizing your legal intake scripts with us at Answering Legal.